The router is the home window to the Internet. A properly selected device will provide high-speed access to the World Wide Web and provide a significant coverage area. And to understand the values of the characteristics and choose the appropriate model for the house will help review the best devices.
What do you need to know before buying a gaming router?
Buying a gaming router is sometimes quite expensive. Before you decide to buy or even just find a model for yourself, you should make sure that you know the most important information. So, you need to pay attention to the following items:
- Internet connection speed. It usually doesn’t make sense to buy a high-speed router if your Internet connection is weak. Just pay attention to which LAN ports you need on the router so that they do not restrict the connection.
- The number of devices connected to the router at the same time. If you only want to connect your gaming computer to the router, this option does not apply to you.
- Coverage based on the area. In a small apartment, a powerful router can get anywhere. However, it is better to choose a Mesh system (several routers that work together to create a single network).
- Internet link type. This is a typical DSL with an RJ45 connector or broadband ADSL with an RJ11 connector. Powerful gaming routers only support RJ45.
- Preferred connection: wired or wireless. The fastest possible connection standard is Wi-Fi 6, although Wi-Fi 5 is also possible. Of course, the best solution is a high-speed router that will support both wired and wireless connections up to 1 Gbps.
- MU-MIMO technology. Thanks to it the router is able to provide consistently high performance while connecting many different devices.
The best alternatives of gaming routers
These devices are specially designed and optimized for players’ needs and expectations,e who spend their time playing online games. By the number of views and sales, we have made a rating of the most popular manufacturers of routers. The results of market monitoring show that the following products are in demand today:
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
This unique three-band 10GB Wi-Fi r gaming router is equipped with a number of the latest technologies to create an efficient and optimized network. It has the function of the triple acceleration of the game, which will effectively speed up all game packages at each stage.
- ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)
If you have a large apartment or a two-story private house, then pay attention to the powerful Mesh-systems. They will not only get rid of “dead” areas in your home but also provide great gameplay.
- Asus RT-AX82U
It is a modern gigabit dual-band router (router) of Wi-Fi 6 standard with data transfer speeds up to 5400 Mbps with great features and advanced technologies! It provides Pro online threat protection system based on Trend Microtechnologies, support WPA3 standard, and parental controls.
- TP-LINK Archer A5
This model definitely deserves attention among all the variety of budget routers for the apartment. This router supports the 2.4 GHz band with the IEEE 802.11n / g / b standard. The outer part of this model includes 4 antennas at once.
- Keenetic Speedster (KN-3010)
This is a good option for operation in large houses and even cottages. The well-known manufacturer of such equipment took care of the presence of dynamic DNS and MESH technology. In addition to a high level of security, powerful antennas (4 pieces) are implemented, which guarantee good signal bandwidth.